Allegri and Fabregas bad blood after Como coach ‘unsporting behaviour’
There is bad blood between Max Allegri and Cesc Fabregas, as they had another row in the press room after the Milan coach was sent off, as the Como tactician apologised for ‘unsporting behaviour.’
There had already been tension between the two coaches when Milan beat Como 3-1 at the Stadio Sinigaglia on January 15, with the Rossoneri winning very much against the run of play.
What caused Allegri-Fabregas row tonight
The situation erupted during tonight’s 1-1 draw at San Siro when Fabregas seemed to reach across the touchline and either tug Alexis Saelemaekers by the shirt or push him when play was on-going.
The Milan winger reacted angrily, sparking a response from the Como team manager, who then got into a shouting match with Allegri.
It seems the initial Fabregas tweak was not spotted by the referee or any of his assistants, because the red cards went to Allegri and the Como member of staff.
This annoyed Allegri, who joked “in that case next time I see someone run past me, I’ll just go into a sliding tackle.”
Afterwards, Fabregas immediately made an apology in all his post-match interviews and the press conference.
“I apologise, it was just a little touch and Allegri’s response was exaggerated, but I admit I shouldn’t have done it,” said the Spaniard.
“It was unsporting behaviour, as Cristian Chivu said the other day, we’ve got to keep our hands to ourselves, especially if you are a coach.
“I would’ve got angry too, so I can only apologise and say I hope it never happens again in my career.”
However, Sky Sport Italia and DAZN Italia reveal Allegri was waiting to come on and give his press conference when he crossed paths with Fabregas, the pair exchanged more tense words away from the cameras.

