A RACIST window cleaner who abused a young England team has moaned that HE’S being attacked online.
Shameless Shaun Drewery, who lives in East Yorkshire, whinged “no one deserves this abuse” after making vile comments on Facebook.A window cleaner who posted disgusting racist abuse on a photo of teenage England players has whinged he’s been attacked online[/caption] Shaun Drewery, of East Yorkshire, posted a vile slur under a photo of the youngsters[/caption]
He posted twice under an image of the England Under 17s team alongside a photo of the 1966 World Cup squad.
But social media users sickened by his posts have since shared them thousands of times – leading to a huge backlash.
And now Drewery has admitted writing the young players are “c*****” – but told Hull Live it was just “banter”.
It comes as:
- Boris Johnson slams a yob filmed with lit flare up his bum after drink and drugs bender ahead of the final
- But Charlie Perry, 25, says he has no regrets about his behaviour
- A racist plasterer was hit with terrible reviews on Trustpilot – but insisted: “I really don’t f***ing care”
- A 50-year-old man slammed after racist abuse was posted on his account was married to ‘Lotto gran’ who tried to scam £33m jackpot
The moron, who lives in North Ferriby, has been bombarded with zero-rating reviews after one Facebook page encouraged its followers to post their views on him.
And he claims to have installed CCTV and dashcams after receiving death threats.
He told the paper: “I wrote one flippant word, on a post that wasn’t mine, which has been blown massively out of context.
“It was stupid tongue-in-cheek banter – I’ve had so many death threats.”
Drewery made his comments before Sunday’s heartbreaking Euro 2020 final.
But there’s been a huge public backlash after heroes Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho were targeted following the defeat.
Boris Johnson hauled in social media bosses to blast them for failing to tackle racists, while Instagram, Facebook and Twitter have finally agreed to hand trolls’ details to cops.
A 42-year-old man from Runcorn is the fifth person to have been questioned in connection with claims of abuse.
One comedian has seen a string of shows cancelled after tweeting: “I’m sorry that black guys are bad at penalties.”
A post from Andrew Bone’s Twitter account branded the players the N-word and claimed the England stars had “ruined it for us” after the loss.
Bone’s family claimed to The Sun his account had been hacked.
Another fan has also been arrested over a disgusting post.
Most read in Euro 2020
Children’s football coach Nick Scott, 50, initially said he had nothing to do with a vile tweet sent to Rashford.
He later admitted he may have sent it while drunk – and told The Sun: “If I did, I want Marcus to know that I’m truly sorry and I apologise sincerely.”
Drewery said he has received a verbal warning from Humberside Police.Drewery made the comments on Facebook before England’s heartbreaking Euro 2020 defeat[/caption] But millions of furious Brits have demanded racism is tackled this week after heroes Rashford, Saka and Sancho were targeted online[/caption]