WICHITA, Kan. – Friends University junior midfielder Futa Kubo (JR/Cairns, Australia) and sophomore defender Yushin Kitada (SO/Yokohama, Japan) have each received College Sports Communicators (CSC, formerly CoSIDA) Academic All-District honors, the organization has announced.
Academic All-District winners now advance to the CSC Academic All-America ballot, with first-, second-, and third-team honorees set to be announced in early December.
Kubo finished tied for second on the Falcons this season with five assists, including delivering a dramatic assist off a corner kick in a 2-1 win vs. Tabor with just 1:49 left (Oct. 26). The Cairns, Australia native also earned All-KCAC honorable-mention honors last year in his first season with the program.
Kitada was a two-way contributor this season for the Falcons. In addition to his defensive performance, the Yokohama, Japan native scored two goals and dished out two assists to help the Falcons record a 7-3-2 mark in the KCAC.
Kubo and Kitada also earned the KCAC Scholar-Athlete award earlier this season.
Criteria for nomination:
* Starter or important reserve
* Participated in at least 50 percent of the team's games at the position listed on the nomination form
* Maintained a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade-point average
* Reached sophomore standing athletically and academically
* Has completed one full calendar year at his/her institution