Strictly Come Dancing faces axe if UK is in lockdown
Strictly Come Dancing will be axed if the UK is forced back into lockdown.Producers on the Latin and ballroom competition have been taking precautions to make the set as safe as possible amid the coronavirus pandemic, but have reportedly accepted that theyll have to axe the entire competition of tougher measures are brought in across the board to slow the spread of the virus, having ruled out simply delaying the series.A source told The Sun newspaper The BBC are fully prepared to axe this series of Strictly if a full lockdown happens.They couldnt even delay the show until early next year because of a number of issues, including them being unable to use their usual studios. While everyone is hopeful it wont happen, preparations have been made if it does.However, if measures are not national and just London is affected, bosses are confident the show - which is hosted by Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly - can carry on.The insider added Everyone working on the show has done their utmost to keep it on air and if a local lockdown happens in London, where the studios are, Strictly bosses will ask for special dispensation to see if they can continue.Last week, contestant HRVY tested positive for coronavirus, after undertaking routine screening along with the rest of those involved on the show.As a result, the 21-year-old singer must quarantine at home until Thursday 08.10.20, which is just four days before the Strictly stars are due to be paired up with their professional dance partners.Meanwhile, executive producer Sarah James recently confirmed the shows contestants will be axed from this years series if they test positive for coronavirus while the show is filming.She said Unfortunately, if you receive a positive test, that means you wouldnt be able to continue in the competition.According to guidelines, you would have to isolate for two weeks and that would rule you out.

